Monday, October 30, 2017

My Friend Tom

Hello my friends 

I hope the term has started well for you all.  I still feel like I'm in holiday mode and just chilling.  

What I had noticed, while wandering around school, was that there was a strange man here a couple of times this term that I hadn't been told about.  I thought I better check him out.  

Let me introduce Tom.  Tom's my new friend and on Thursday I tracked him down and we had a big chat about what Tom does.



Did you know that Tom works for the Auckland Museum?  I've been to the museum, not inside because if you're furry and have four legs you're not allowed, but I've wandered around the outside and through the gardens.  Wow!  What an amazing building.  

Anyway... Tom is coming to visit us every Thursday this term and he's setting up a special classroom with lots of museum things in it to share with us.    That is soooo cool.  Tom has been talking to classes about different situations that we might find ourselves in and how we prepare for them.   It could be little things like having a power cut or big things like an earthquake.  

It's really important that we all have a plan to make sure we are safe and ready.  It started me thinking about what I would need to have ready so that I was ok.  Then what about Poppy and Toby?  What do they need to have organised.  I think that over the next couple of weeks I'm going to become a detective and find out.  If you have any ideas flick me a note and I'll get back to you. 

What do you need to have ready so that your pets are looked after if 'disaster strikes'?  

No comments:

Post a Comment