Friday, September 22, 2017

Friends are... part 8



Mrs Salim said being a good friend means:
Resolving Conflict

If you get into an argument, try to stay calm. Take some time apart so that you don’t retaliate out of anger or frustration. Give yourself some time to think about what went wrong then think about what is the best way to work it out.    A couple of tips are:


  • Avoid social media. It is tempting to turn to the internet when you are upset with someone. Remember that your anger will eventually go away, but what you post online is much harder to remove.  If you need to get out your frustration over what happened, try writing it in a notebook or journal instead, where no one will see it and you can say whatever you want.
  • Have a conversation. Take time to reflect on what happened. Find a good time to talk to your friend once you have both had some time to think. Make sure that you are free of distractions and feeling calm when you do meet up. Try saying, “Hey, I’m sorry things are tense between us. I really want work past this. When is a good time for you?”
  • Acknowledge feelings. Acknowledge both your own feelings and your friend’s feelings. Maybe one or both of you felt hurt or offended. This will help you understand why the conflict happened in the first place. For example, you might say, “I felt angry when …. Or Now I see how I made you upset when I ….”



Have a think about:


  1. A time when you had an argument with a friend and how you would do something differently to either avoid the argument or fix it?  



Ms Jones said being a good friend means:
Looking out for them
There are three types of friends: those who stick around only for the good times, the ones who love the dramas in life and want to be needed, and those in the middle. Aim to be a balanced friend who always looks out for others through good times and bad.





Ms Cowper said being a good friend means:
Trusting  your instincts
Sometimes your instinct rings alarm bells about a friend. Keep an open mind but always listen to your gut feeling about people – how much to trust them, when to let them go and when to stick by them. You won’t always get it right, but you’ll ultimately be a wiser and stronger person for it.
IMG_5002.JPG


Well everyone,  I have learnt so much about friendship and how important it is to be a good friend to others.    
Having friends is very special and I know that I am very very very lucky to have so many good friends here at Papatoetoe East.


I hope you have found my blog posts helpful.
Thank you for being my friend
Your friend

Milo 🐾

6 comments:

  1. We think friends look after each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think friends share their secrets

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think friends help each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think friends play together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think friends share their secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think friends play together.

    ReplyDelete