Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Freedom 3: Pain, Injury or Disease (Wednesday)


medical.JPG



Animals get sick just like people do.  If wild animals get hurt or sick they have to look after themselves but if pets get sick then their owners need to get help.  

IMG_3990.jpg
When people are unwell they go to the doctors.  A doctor for animals is called a veterinarian.  Poppy, Toby, Rhino and I go to the vet when we are unwell but we also need to go every year for our health check-up and vaccinations which protect us from all sorts of infections.  

Part of being a responsible pet owner also means that we are given pills or drops that keep us safe from infections that things like fleas, ticks and worms have.  My pills taste like peanut butter so I gobble it up but I know that Toby and Poppy hide when they have their drops put on the back of their neck.  


I had to go to the vet just recently because I had eaten something I wasn’t supposed to.  It gave me a sore tummy. Ops!  I won’t do that again….. I probably will actually because I really like food and eat everything.













1 comment:

  1. Amanda and sandrahJune 21, 2017 at 9:22 AM

    thank you for sharing with us how to look after our school pets

    ReplyDelete